Mix Tapes For Going to the Dentist

1/13/09












While visiting Neil at Amherst he stumbled upon this very interesting site, it is called Tiny Mix Tapes and the idea of the site is that people would post their mix tape topic ideas, then someone would respond by making the mixtape and the admin for the site would determine which ones go up. Not long ago I sent in a mixtape in response to the topic "You kissed another girl right in front of me and this is the mixtape I hoping you'd make to apologize".

To my surprise my mixtape was actually put on the site. I suddenly felt like the mixtape I had made and the others on the site were art forms, each song selected and placed in a specific spot for a specific reason. There can be a lot of thought put into the arrangement of songs and it seems that we have decided that meaning can be created by mixing various songs, to the point where we can create a mixtape for the topic "make me your girlfriend or you’ll never see me naked again."

I went to the dentist today, which is an appointment most people would not mind missing. However, I do not usually mind going to dentist since its pretty short and all you have to do is lie there, which is probably a reason some girls don't mind bad sex, sometimes.

While lying in the office though I noticed how each dentist had their own little rooms that they worked in, and in each room was a number of pictures. Some of them had paintings, mostly bizarre paintings that seemed not to mean anything. I wonder if they get to choose the paintings or if they have a guideline to what the paintings they must have. I imagine it would look something like this.

1. No pictures of clowns, because that is just creepy
2. No pictures depicting pain in any way, for the obvious reasons
3. All pictures must devoid of any meaning or appearance of order, unless its a painting of the sea, possibly with boats.
4. All pictures must make the room inviting, but not that inviting because we are still a dentist office.

All the pictures I noticed in this office seemed to fit the criteria above except for an over sized picture of a mermaid that covered the entirety of a wall. This picture seemed too out of place and colorful. However maybe that was the good room and I was not lucky enough to get it, which seems much more likely.

P.S- I have amended what I wrote in the last blog as I have again begun to use a space heater in my room, economy or no economy

Enjoy your trips to the Dentist,
Andrew

1 comment:

Selina said...

"However, I do not usually mind going to dentist since its pretty short and all you have to do is lie there, which is probably a reason some girls don't mind bad sex, sometimes."

Hahahahahaha... I do hate the dentist. I would very much prefer bad sex over having my teeth drilled. Interesting concept on dentist wall art. I would have to agree and concur that most dentist offices have pictures of boats. I wonder if they think the ocean is supposed to be considered soothing even with all of the pain they inflict. :-)